Monday, January 12, 2015

I did not expect to hear that! ~Daniel Fast 2015 Day 9

Okay I'm just blown away and in awe at Gods' movement in my son during this Daniel Fast. I'm still praying for all out breakthrough in his and my husbands' lack of bond and their relationship but Saturday,day 7 of our fast my son opened up to me after 15 years of bottled up emotions! I see him praying more at meal time. I see him praying a little longer after my 5 year old says his little short blessing.

  This evening he popped in my youngest son's room while I was tucking him and had a book in his hand. He said, Mom I left this in Mr. (science teacher)'s room and he read it. First I was shocked he had taken this particular book to school to read. It was an old probably 1980s' childrens novel titled "Jesus". He said he had forgotten it in his room. The teacher told them to pull out a book to read and Kyle didn't have one. Kyle remembered he had left this book in his class. Kyle asked him about it and he pulled it out of his desk. He told Kyle he read it.

  I've met this teacher before. He is the typical science quantum physics-super intelligent-geeky-nerd. he believes in teaching his 9th grade students what college really expects them to learn and doesn't use the science book that has been sitting in the class room since 1995. I don't know anything about him but I feel this could be a seed my son unintentionally helped plant but God new it was no incident. Perhaps he nudged Kyle to take this book to school that day. Kyle forgetting a book doesn't surprise me but the fact his teacher has read it amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment