Sunday, January 1, 2012

My new home feels like and old familiar place.

So We bought our home Oc†. 7 2011. THis is a place we all fell in love with as a family. Since being here there is times it feels so strangely familiar, almost like it was built just for me. THat couldn't be so since this home was built when I was in the 8th or 9th grade. Sometimes I think "well, maybe it is because I looked at the listing so many times before and after we put a bid on it.The tile in our kitchen is identical to the tile my parents layed in their home and the carpet is the same color they had. Maybe that is part of it but I Believe there is much more to this feeling. While we were viewing for the first time I knew THe Holy Spirit was already living here. First glance at the house and seeing christian theme wind chimes was a good sign. The as we entered the home I noticed a bible verse on a workout machine. Then as we were upstairs Dan pointed to another bible verse written on an index card taped to the bathroom wall. The sense has grown stronger as I see my family united in The Lord. Since Dan has stepped up and opened his heart back up to God and started going to church on his own free will. I've realized this familiar place isn't a place at all , it is the Spirit Of The LORd! It is the same spirit that was in home home as a child when my family walked closely To God and loved going to church as a family. THe spirit that calms, the spirit that purifies, the spirit of joy. The spirit of love and devotion. The spirit of unity and reassurance. Lord thank you for never giving up on me and your grace that is upon us in this familiar home.

No comments:

Post a Comment