Monday, January 2, 2012

God's Chosen Path


So today was kinda amazing.  What seemed to be a simple outing to the park with the kids turned out to be so much more!  I knew we need to get out of the house while Dan was gone taking Jordan to his dentist visit and back to his mom.  I went back and forth which park to go to (our neighborhood park or public park) in my thinking we should go to the public park with hopes that there would be kids for my kids to interact with. Our little neighbor hood park just never really has kids there just older people walking their dogs. Kyle just doesn't get out to meet kids in this neighborhood like he did in our old neighborhood so I decided to drive over to the public park and try to encourage him to go over to the skate park while the little kids played but he was firm in not doing so. The air was deceiving and was a little more chilly than anticipated so I lured the younger two back to the van to go home and get heavier jackets and myself a cup of coffee. Dan was home so I decided to leave my van and purse home this time and we would walk and ride bikes over to the neighborhood park. So I sent Jayden and Kyle a little ahead of me and Gracen so I could take my coffee back home. I arrived their just a moment after they did and noticed there as actually a family there.  THe mom had a little yorkie puppy mine and jayden's favorite little dog.  Jayden immediately went to ask if she could pet her and her opening line is as always,"I like your dog".My daddy won't let us have a dog and I really want one." I noticed she had two teen boys and a teen daughter close toKyle and Jordan's age so I had to know if they were from our neighborhood.  I don't usually just start chatting up people I don't know but it's kinda killing me Kyle hasn't made friends well enough to socialize with outside school. Something prompted me to ask her if her boys likes to throw a football because my son brought his and has noone to throw it too. She began telling me her 12 year old was really shy and kept to himself and it is killing her to see him so withdrawn from people the way he was. (Hello! THis was my son she was talking about ) No but they sound very much alike with very similar stories.  Kyle and the older kids played for a bit. She and I began to chat more and interesting enough they aren't even from our neighborhood but like our park. We both started realizing we are women of faith and have similar family situations. Something else prompted me to suggest we exchange numbers so maybe we could get our two shy sons to connect. She seemed glad I asked. We talked some more and the things we talked about we both realizing this wasn't just a casual chance encounter that God had led us both to this park today. THank you God for knowing I need a friend to relate to as well as my kids. I pray Jayden's turn will be next and even Dan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment